Using one to two sentences answer the following questions. (Picture in the attached file)
- What is the title of the work?
- What is the name of the artist?
- What is the date and time period of its creation?
- What materials were used?
- What is the cultural setting or physical location of the piece?
Describe it. Study the piece closely.
- What does it depict?
- What subjects and symbols can you identify?
- How is the subject depicted?
- What techniques did the artist use?
- How do the different elements within the work relate to one another?
- What is emphasized?
- What is the overall feeling of the piece?
- What aspects of the artist’s life are evident in the work?
- What was going on socially or culturally when it was created?
- Where does it fit within the overall history of art?
- What do you think motivated the creation of this work?
- Why do you think that artist chose to depict this particular thing in this particular way?
- What is the primary theme?
- How are you connecting personally with the piece?
- Do you like it?
- In what ways is it powerful or remarkable?