Comprehensive Security Plan
Select an organization with which you are familiar and obtain faculty approval for your choice. Create a 25- to 30-slide presentation detailing a comprehensive security plan with at least 150 words in speaker notes per slide. The plan must address the following areas:
- Introduction to security (people need to understand what you are trying to do and why.
- Describe the scope
- The security risk assessment (what needs to be defended)
- Determine what the threats are: (physical, computer related insider, natural and information, etc.).
- Determine each risk.
- Prioritize the risks & identify the actions.
The security plan, to be thorough, should incorporate the elements of the assignment and the following physical security aspects:
- Description of the facility and its organizational structure
- Security organization of the facility
- Discussion of physical barriers at facility, if applicable
- Discussion of alarm system used, if applicable
- Description of access controls
- Description of lighting at the facility
- Description of the communications capability
- Description of the security surveillance system (CCTV) for example
- Security force, organization, training, resources, and procedures
- Discussion of external resources including law enforcement and others, as appropriate
- Any single focus security plans, designed for special events or actions. Depending on the nature of the facility and commitment to regulatory agencies or if the security director so desires, other plans could be developed to address specific threats , contingency actions, or other special needs plan.
Format your assignment consistent with APA guidelines.