Electronic Health Information System in Nursing.
You are an informatics nurse specialist working in a healthcare organization that is merging with another organization of comparable size. As a result of the merger, funds have been designated to offer services to underserved populations in a satellite facility that is supported by remote technology. You are responsible to lead the project committee in migrating to a common health information system that meets current regulatory requirements.
As the lead informatics nurse specialist in a project committee, your team has been tasked with migrating a common health information system that meets current regulatory requirements for your healthcare organization. Recently, your organization merged with another of similar size. You will be putting together a presentation for stakeholders regarding your findings for the new system, as well addressing some key points.
1. Include the following components in your presentation:
• 5–10 slides
• approximately 5–7 bullets per slide
• presenter notes (talking points of the presentation; approximately 1–2 minutes per slide)
Note: Include presenter notes for slides as appropriate in order to fully cover the level of explanation, analysis, and discussion necessary.
2. Describe how an electronic health information system affects the nursing process.
3. Describe how an electronic health information system affects patient-centered care.
4. Identify two examples of how quality improvement (QI) data can be used to improve patient outcomes.
5. Describe how an electronic health information system can support a culture of safety.
6. Describe how human factors can lead to errors, near misses, and adverse events.
B. When you use sources, include all in-text citations and references in APA format.