EMERGENCY OPERATION PLAN
Instructions: Choose a section from the following list and write a sample portion of an emergency plan for that section for your hometown or another municipality of your choice. Make sure to include as much information as possible that is specific to the location you choose.
· Purpose, Scope, Situation, and Assumptions
· Concept of Operations
· Organization and Assignment of Responsibilities
· Direction, Control, and Coordination
· Information Collection, Analysis, and Dissemination
· Administration, Finance, Logistics
· Plan Development and Maintenance
Please refer back to the Model Town EOP we covered during Week 4 of the course in order to give you an example to reference for your paper. This is only one example that can be used for this project, and students should feel free to use other EOP examples for this project. If you have a question about a particular EOP format please contact the instructor.
Your paper should be at least 3-5 pages (not including cover page and reference list) and should clearly demonstrate the main ideas regarding emergency planning that we have covered in the Comprehensive Planning Guide and Fundamentals of Emergency Management.
External research will generally be required in addition to the assigned readings. Please create your response in a Microsoft word document, following APA guidelines, and upload as an attachment for submission. Pages are to be double-spaced utilizing Verdana 12 point font text. The page requirements are exclusive of your reference list and cover page.
EMERGENCY OPERATION PLAN
Purpose, scope, situation and assumptions
The mission of this plan is to basically emphasize on the preparation and an easy team work by both internal and the external stake holders of the school. This will help maintain the effective communication levels and different channels, while at the same time adopt an environment of continuous improvement while providing leadership in the preparation to response in emergency cases in the school.
The operation plan will provide a wider guidance, organizational structure and particular directions on the level of preparedness, cases of responses and communication disciplines.it is more important that we get prepared for the unexpected cases to protect St James School and the local Ohio community. The operation emergency plan outline the schools procedures for dealing with cases of major emergency situations that in one way or the other may affect the safety of the children, staff and the entire community. The policy number 23 of the community, provides the entire community and especially institutions of gathering to develop a plan for cases of emergency. In addition the government policy demands that every institution must develop a comprehensive plan for the cases of emergency as a way of preparedness for such events. Providing the plan for the entire society is also basic for the same reasons.
This plan identifies the different departments and specific people that are directly responsible for emergency response in St James School and the entire surrounding community. In addition it provides the coordination structure and means of deploying essential resources for the same operations in case of emergency.
Advance planning for emergencies preparedness is one of the normal business panning for schools. Each and every member of the community have the shared responsibility of this preparedness. Such emergencies can strike anywhere at any particular time.
- The school and the community must maintain a comprehensive operational preparedness and a safety plan for the mitigation of such potential hazards and at all the times everyone in the community should familiarizes themselves with the procedures concerning emergency procedures.
- At all the time in the institution the administrative, community and the students must maintain a building emergency operational plan.to assist in the schools response and effective recovery actions in case of any emergency. The plan should identify the most critical operations of the different departments, as well as individual involvement with the critical operations. The different identifications will be important in the event of a normal operation of the school get jeopardized in a way.
- Lastly all the staff, student and the community members should at all cost be knowledgeable of the schools emergency operation plan and the different systems of notification in case one of such happens.
The school must also educate emergency operation implementers who will ensure the students and the staff adhere to the plan so and be capable of acting appropriately if such situation strikes.
St James EOP is an all hazard plan.in the same way it is responsible individuals and in the best way guides the recovery of the same situation. The emergency operation plan for the school is designed to promote the safety of the students in the best way. The EOP applies wider range of emergency incidents and this become active in different situations which includes but limited to:
Cases of civil disturbance
Hazardous materials such as chemicals and biological means
Casas of mass causalities
Terrorism and natural dictators such and floods, hurricanes.
Located in OHIO
1200 student currently studying in the school
Approximately 122,000 community members living around the school.
150 staff members
35 average class size
11 residential halls housing the students
44 registered organizations in the school.
More than 200 student are estimated to be from other countries.
42 buildings within the school compound
The school is situated in 200 acre piece of land.
The emergency operation plan for the school is based on the basic assumption that is believed to be the foundation from the establishment of the operating procedures and the different checklist for the events occurrence. The different assumptions postulated covers relatively wide hazards from the natural disasters to the basic events caused by human beings. Therefore the assumptions will categorically based on the different consideration. The considerations are:
- The cases of emergency may in most cases require cooperation and coordination both the internal and external different faculties and the departments of the school working in congestion with the community around the school. The different entities which needs to be united are the school administration, the city and the federal authorities.
- Local Ohio and federal services may in some cases be unavailable.
- In cases of emergencies, electricity, water, gas, communication and other basic systems of communications may be interrupted.
- Transport and other structures might be damaged in such cases.
- The daily and normal suppliers of essential goods and products may not ne abler to supply goods and services normal
- Students and the school staff may not be able to get out of the school in times of the emergencies
- The emergency plan is based on events which are at all the times likely to occur in our area of operation. The implementation of the same may be executed in a modified conditions to cover other emergency.
- Most of the emergency cases happens with no or little warning or means of detecting the likelihood of the occurrences.
- The different department that are trained to hand such cases of emergencies are ready at all the time for such.
- From time to time the emergency operation responses requirements is important in the reediness of the plan at all at the times