Assignment 3 – Create a set of production plans consisting of maps, charts, schedules, lists, and budget, for the Design Brief presented in Assignments 1 & 2
The set of plans must include:
Overall event Schedule (timeline) – The event running sheet that to shows what will be done by who, where and when as the event proceeds. From first entry onto the site/venue up to the moment of final departure from the site/venue.
Production resources requirement lists (inventory) of the site/venue equipment, facilities and staging needed to put on the proposed event. For each element of the concept program create a list of resource requirements. Include what is available already at the venue/site. Note what is required to be obtained from elsewhere, and say where you will obtain it from.
Staffing details – the task descriptions (including location of task), number of staff needed for each task, their work schedules. Provide a staff roster – how many people, for how long, and where will staff be needed, and for what task. Also include the organisational structure – who is responsible for the supervision of each task.
Sub-contractor requirements – services supplied and tasks to be performed by sub-contractors, give the sub-contracting company name.
Production schedule/Logistics (resource supply) schedule that shows when and to where each of the listed the resources will be delivered to, and picked up from, the site/venue.
The above plans can be amalgamated into a single running sheet document or submitted as separate documents.
Location, and Site/venue maps which show where the event is to take place, and where on the event site or in the event venue facilities and resources are located and used.
Event Budget showing both estimated income and expenditure. The budget must provide itemised detail.
The marking evaluation criteria will be based on –
• Application of production processes
• Feasibility of plans
• Creativity and acumen
• Inclusiveness and integration
• Clarity of expression
IMPORTANT NOTE- you do not have to write an overall timeline of the event showing when bookings are made, staff hired, etc. for pre-event tasks.
The format is report style, so no essay type writing needed. No referencing is required.
You can use either timeline, GANTT or matrix charts. Either is acceptable.
The word count is an estimate only and is not important. Use as much or as little as required to provide and easy to follow, comprehensive and clear set of plans. Don’t include excessive material and don’t leave out important detail.
Write the plans as if they are to be given to someone else to conduct the event, and that person is someone who obeys instructions to the word, but cannot do anything that is not written in the plan.
The event is aimed at creating public awareness to the young population about depression and suicide. The event targets the general population of Coffs Harbor, but the main focus will be on the youths. The event is based on established facts about the effectiveness of public awareness in communicating important information especially of unethical concern nature. Hammond (2015) asserts the importance of events in creating public awareness. This event will include participatory activities such as music concert, acting, testimonies, speeches, fundraising, and donations among others. The event shall be hosted at international BCU stadium. The following is a detailed production plan for the event.
1.2 Concept Program
The main items of the concept program include; music concert, testimonies, speeches, fundraising and donations, luncheon and conclusion.
1.2.1 Music Concert and Art inventory requirement
The event shall involve two main performing local artists; the event will also have two popular Australia Music band; the Parkway Drive and Wolfmother. The item will also include acting by local acting youth groups or students. For this part of the concept program, the following items will be required.
- Temporary stage made of either woods, plastic or metals
- Complete Music sound system
- Stage decorations
- Video camera
- Video projector
- Stage banners
This will basically involve people coming to the podium and sharing their experience with depression and suicide. Most of the items that will be used for this particular item of the program concept are the same for music concert and art.
1.2.3 Speeches, fundraising and Donations
This item of the concept program will also need most of the items listed under the music concert items. Additional inventory for this category shall include;
- Wrists bands
- Piece of clothing
- Donation baskets
This item basically involves donations and fundraising towards the program of public awareness of dangers of depression and suicide especially to the youths.
1.2.4 Luncheon and Conclusion
The event will take place at international BCU stadium. The stadium has a capacity of 20,000 people. This is indeed enough to accommodate the estimated population attendance. The total population at Coffs Harbor is 136, 418. The event expects total attendance of 60% which translates to 81, 815. This population can comfortably be accommodated in the stadium. Unfortunately the seating capacity of the stadium is only 1000.
Given the capacity of the stadium, the program will need the following additional items
- Approximately plastic 20,000 chairs,
- about 20 tables mostly for different officials
- 4 main tents
- 2 smaller tents
1.3.1 Logistic Schedule
- The plastic chairs will be delivered to the stadium grounds on the eve of the event by 1600
- Tables will be delivered to the event by 1200 of the eve of the event
- All the tents will also be delivered to the stadium grounds by 1800 of the eve of the event.
1.4 Staffing Requirement
The overall staff requirement for the program shall be under the following categories; events coordinator, food and drinks, equipment and facilities, security and judges.
- Entertainment: 1 committee member shall be the overall in charge, 1 supervisor, 3 sound technicians, 2 electricians, 2 people in charge of video and photography, 2 Program Coordinators and four Judges/adjudicators. The supervisors will operate from morning till the end of the event. The sound technicians will be in charge of setting up the sound and monitors the progress till the end of the event. The electricians will only be required in the event of a technical hitch. The photographer and the person in charge of the video will be responsible for taking pictures and capturing video for the event
- Meals: 2 committee members will be the overall in charge of meals and drinks. The program shall hire outside catering for meals and drinks. The coordinators will therefore be in charge the whole day to ensure that the guests are feed and drink appropriately as scheduled
- Equipment: 1 committee member will be in charge of all the equipment and facilities that will be used for the event. 30 different people will be in charge of arranging the equipments and facilities in the appropriate places. 5 people will stay at the stadium overnight to guard the equipments that shall have been delivered to the stadium grounds on the eve of the event. 5 people will be in charge of tents setups. The remaining 20 people will be responsible for arranging the chairs and tables in their appropriated spaces.
- Security: 1 committee member will be in charge of internal security especially for the tools and equipments. The program will engage local area police security on the date of the event. The committee member in charge will operate from the eve to the following day.
- Event Coordinator: two committee members will be in charge of the overall event coordination. The members will oversee the overall event and all other logistics.
In total, the program will require 7 committee members, 10 local police officers and 40 support staffs.
The subcontractor services for the event shall be in the following areas
1.5 Production Schedule
|Activity||Duration time||Persons in charge|
|Setting up and arrangement of the place (including the tents, chairs, tables and sound systems)||0600 to 0830 hrs||Committee members in charge of events and entertainment, 25 personnel under the department of equipment and facilities|
|Arrival of guest and all other participants in the event||0830 to 0900||The overall event coordinators|
|Performance by the Motherwolf music band||0900 to 0945||The coordinator entertainment and events, sound technician and electrician|
|Play on depression and suicide by local youth group||0945 to 1000||Coordinator entertainment|
|Testimonies on different encounters and experience with suicide and depression||1000 to 1015||overall event coordinator|
|Speeches by different guests||1015 to 1050||overall event coordinator|
|Fundraising||1050 to 1130||overall event coordinator|
|Luncheon and event conclusion||1130 to 1200||overall event coordinator|
The function will take place on the northern part of the stadium shown in the image of page 7 above. The place is ideal since it has a podium where most of the performances and other activities such as speeches and testimonies shall be taking place.
|Items description||cost per item||Total cost|
|Hiring of music sound system||[email protected] day||$200|
|Hiring of tents||[email protected] day||$60|
|Hiring of plastic chairs||[email protected] 2000 chairs||$300|
|Hiring of tables||[email protected]||$30|
|Hiring the music band||[email protected] 1 day||$200|
|Token appreciation for performances||[email protected] 1 play||$100|
|Remuneration of the non-committee members personnel||[email protected] 40||$800|
|Purchase of wrist bands||[email protected] 2000||$ 400|
|Printing of t-shirts||[email protected]||$750|
T-shirts sales- Approximately [email protected]$20 = $6000
Wrists Bands – Approximately [email protected]$20 = $10,000
Hammond, E. 2015 How to organize an event to raise money / awareness for your organization — knowhow nonprofit. Available at: https://knowhownonprofit.org/funding/fundraising/fundraising-events-and-challenges/events/events (Accessed: 29July 2016).