Using one to two sentences answer the following questions. (Reading attached in the Reference Page at the end)
- What is the title?
- Who is the author?
- When and where was it written?
- What genre is it?
- What is it about?
- What symbolism do you see in the work?
- What is the style of writing?
- What’s going on under the hood?
- What techniques are prominently used?
- What the overall mood, tone, or feel of the literature?
- What information seems relevant from the author’s life?
- From the occasion of the initial publication or presentation of the work?
- From the time period and culture in which it was written? From the perspective of the history of writing?
- What ideas do you think were motivating the author?
- What is the primary theme?
- How is this theme supported in the writing?
- Is a strong perspective presented?
- What questions does this work raise?
- How are you connecting personally with the piece?
- Do you like it?
- In what ways is it powerful or remarkable?