Perception of inclusion over the past 100 years, including significant historical, cultural, political, and social changes that have occurred in special education.
Using the GCU Library, research and select 10-12 relevant sources on the topics below. Each topic should be supported by at least three resources.
• Perception of inclusion over the past 100 years, including significant historical, cultural, political, and social changes that have occurred in special education.
• Current trends in the many roles of special education service providers.
• Role of special education teachers as advocates for students with disabilities.
Using your selected resources, create APA style references for each of the sources. Your resources need to be current, within the last five years. Resources should include at least one from each of the following resource types:
• Bible verse
• Journal article with a DOI number
• State department curriculum standards
Using the “Reference List Template,” write a 500-750 word reflection in which you describe the area of special education you would most like to go into and what has sparked your passion/interest in going into that field. Explain the role you plan to take as an advocate for students with disabilities in education, as well as the qualities you will need to be successful in that role.
Support your reflection with at least two of your scholarly resources.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.