Security Employee Guide
You manage a security team that is responsible for protecting a centralized warehouse that distributes electronic equipment to a chain of electronics stores. You have been tasked with creating a guide for new security employees.
Cover the following topics in the employee guide:
Evidence acquisition and management
Administrative and personnel investigations
Objective: Workers must be knowledgeable and aware that the security team responsible for protecting a centralized warehouse that distributes electronic equipment to a chain of electronic stores. Additionally, security personnel must be able to follow the procedures and rules that will help them practice professionalism when handling evidences and conducting investigation within a firm.
Security Employee Guide
In an organizational setting, it is imperative to note that the security personnel are not inclined to the same restrictions that the standard law enforcement in the process of acquiring evidence. If the security personnel are to ensure that the rights of the citizens are not violated when obtaining evidence as well as avoid civil or criminal responsibility, they are expected to follow company guidelines and procedures. Below is a course outline for employees that will help them understand how investigations are done in organizations by security personnel.
- Investigative principles
- Rules required by the organization in relation to different types of investigation.
- Security Personnel Structure
- Evidence Handling and Competency
- Taking Notes
- Introduction to Reporting
- Criminal Investigation
- Differences between the criminal and administrative or organizational investigation
- Collaborations with the law Enforcement Unit (as per the county or state )
- Evidence Handling and Witness Education
- Criminal Evidence Handling and procedures involved.
- Witness Awareness, Education and Protection.
- Evidence Storage in Criminal Cases involving security personnel.
Note: Improper collection of evidence can be damaged or destroyed making it invalid before any federal or state courts. Hence, the suspect’s security personnel must document the location of the evidence. The date and time must also be recorded. Furthermore, the evidence must be photographed and the secured for collection by the police.
- Evidence Acquisition and Management
Integrity and Credibility in evidence must be maintained by security personnel for it to be usable in courts of law.
- Procedure of Collecting Evidence by Security Personnel.
- Adherence to state Court regarding evidence documentation.
- Confidentiality and Communication with witnesses in Criminal Cases.
- Employment-Related Investigations
Employment Related – Investigations entails workday malpractice or misconducts that employees engage in.
- Classification of employee-related crimes.
- Investigation of employee related crimes.
- Fraudulent Activities.
- Murder in organizational setting.
- Other Crimes.
- Administrative and Personnel Investigations
Note: The administrative or personnel investigation results from any complaint or an action that harms the organization; the investigator is supposed to question possible witnesses and keep the information acquired confidential. The investigator must focus on facts and ignore speculations or rumors.
- Education and Rights to Employees regarding Investigations.
- Common Crimes Investigated in Organizations by Security Personnel.
- Cases of Disposal of Evidence.
- Evidence Reporting and Adherence to legislative requirements.
- Case Studies involving Investigation done by Security Personnel in Organizations.