Module 1: Solution-Focused Brief Therapy
After completing this module, you will be able to do the following:
- Understand the Not-Knowing Stance.
- Master the art of listening.
- Know how to listen for what is in the client’s heart.
- Listen for the clinical elements.
- Recognize how the miracle question creates change.
- Know when to ask the miracle question.
- Recognize when to slow the client down.
- Know how to keep the client in bed.
- Interrupt the client therapeutically.
- Use the Yes sets.
- Maintain balance
- Understand the being questions, thought/cognition questions, and behavior questions.
- Know the purpose of the additional elements
- See the difference and the significance of the client’s miracle day.
Solution-focused brief therapy is described as simple approach, yet it is difficult to master. This module explains the intricacies of solution-focused brief therapy to explores how and why solution-focused brief therapy truly effective.
- Solution Focused Substance Abuse Treatment: Chapter 3
- Substance Abuse Treatment: Chapter 1
100 words for 1 and 2 = 200
- Do you agree or disagree with the proposal that “not understanding the problem” is irrelevant to counseling?
- Provide your philosophy on balancing cost-effectiveness with ensuring adequate treatment for your clients.
- Explain the importance of assessment and evaluation in clinical care. Give specific examples and incorporate the use and description of specific assessment techniques and tools, as well as their benefits. drawbacks, and cost effectiveness.
- Explain the process of assessment through solution-focused interventions.
- List and describe the 10 core assessment area in the field of substance abuse.
- Explain the rule of neutrality in evaluation and assessment.
2 references from
American Psychological Association
Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services
Also to be referenced
by Sylvia Mignon MSW PhD
9780789037237Solution Focused Substance Abuse Treatment
by Teri Pichot , Thorana S Nelson, et al.
Total words for order 2=1000 words