Substance Abuse Assignment 3
Assessment and Evaluation
After completing this module, you will be able to do the following:
- Describe the process of problem-focused approaches to substance abuse assessment.
- Understand the solution-focused approach to substance abuse assessment.
- Know how to meet the standards of care.
- Understand assessment through solution-focused interventions.
- Evaluate formulized assessment.
- Define “Client.”
- Appreciate the role of neutrality in evaluation and assessment.
- Recognize the evidence there is no problem.
- Apply substance abuse assessment instruments.
- Know how to use SASSI-3 (Adult) and SASSI-2A (Adolescent).
- Apply ASI, ASUS, ASAP-II, AUI, BDI-II, and ASAM PPC-2R.
- Understand the application of the tools in the case examples.
Assessment and evaluation have a valuable role in clinical care. This module will discuss the nature of assessment in the field of substance abuse and how solution-focused clinician use assessment in their clinical work.
- Solution Focused Substance Abuse Treatment: Chapter 4
- Substance Abuse Treatment, Chapter 3 and 4
- Do you agree or disagree with the proposal that “not understanding the problem” is irrelevant to counseling?
- Provide your philosophy on balancing cost-effectiveness with ensuring adequate treatment for your clients.
- Explain the importance of assessment and evaluation in clinical care. Give specific examples and incorporate the use and description of specific assessment techniques and tools, as well as their benefits. drawbacks, and cost effectiveness.
- Explain the process of assessment through solution-focused interventions.
- List and describe the 10 core assessment area in the field of substance abuse.
- Explain the rule of neutrality in evaluation and assessment.
1-2 questions 100 each=200 words
3-6 questions 200 words = 800 words
Total for Order 3 = 1000 words
with 2 references from American Psychological Association
Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services
Also to be referenced
by Sylvia Mignon MSW PhD
9780789037237Solution Focused Substance Abuse Treatment
by Teri Pichot , Thorana S Nelson, et al.